Pages

Our time together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

1/9/12

Home

It's so nice to finally say next year we are getting out of the Marine Corps and moving back home. Wow it feels good to put home. We have so many plans and so much to look forward to. I haven't completely enjoyed this lifestyle but then again it's all I've ever known. How will we adjust to the civilian life? Time will only. My biggest fear is that hubby won't be happy being a civilian but I think he will be okay. I just cannot handle more separation. The only reason I want out is because of our children. I have had the hardest time explaining to our son why daddy isn't around and he just doesn't deserve this. Baby girl is too little to get it but she doesn't deserve for her daddy to miss out on how fast she grows. I know this is what he wanted but we also didn't realize we were gonna be parents when he joined. Our kids don't deserve this and I think hubby is starting to realize that. Why would our kids grow up without him when it's not necessary? He loves what he does but he loves his children more. I look at these wives who are on their 5th or 6th deployment and they just have me in awe with how they can do it. I am a Marine's wife but just after this first week of deployment I know I never want to do this again. I am so happy they are starting the draw down this year because who knows, maybe he can come home sooner than we think. I don't think I was cut out for this kind of life even though I've done a good job with it. I believe God has bigger plans for my family and the Marine Corps is not it. Next year we will see where life takes us and how well we cope. Who knows we both might end up dying to get back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment