Pages

Our time together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

12/26/11

D Day

Finally ready to blog! Today is one of the last days I get to physically spend with my husband because he leaves for Afghanistan soon. It has been quite an adventure the past few months but we loved every minute of it. Our beautiful baby girl Amelia Jaelynn was born on December 13th. I was in labor for 36 hours... yay. It was all worth it though because we are madly in love with her! Elias wasn't too excited about being a big brother at first but now he adores her (whenever he's not playing with cars). Once again he has to leave as soon as the baby comes. With Elias he left after 9 days and now he's leaving when she hits 2 weeks. It's so hard knowing he'll miss so much again, but we can get through it with lots of pictures and video.

I am expecting to get through this deployment alone. I have learned too many times not to depend on anyone. I just need to look out for my kids now because in the end, after all this is over and done with, them and my family will be the only ones standing there. I can trust them to guide me through this no matter how far they are. I would have loved to go home but it's not worth the hassle of packing up and getting a storage place. People will be there for me and I am thankful for that but I just need to depend on myself and my husband's kind words of encouragement to make it through. It will be the longest we've ever been apart and the longest we'll ever be apart but it's life and we knew this was coming. I am extremely dependent on him and I really don't know why. I guess it's just because I hate being without him even for a minute so this will be a challenge for me but I can do it because our kids need me to do it. I will cry, I will get angry, I will get frustrated but at the end of the day it will all be okay. I am proud of myself for even being able to type this without crying.

I hope to keep updating throughout this deployment to maintain some sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment