Pages

Our time together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

8/8/11

My Opinion..

I am not trying to offend anyone with this post but this is my opinion, which I am entitled to. 


With all the news coverage on the war lately, I feel the need to express myself on it. Meaning that I am sick to death reading about all these deaths overseas. To me it is a pointless war; yes I said it. I don't care if military spouses are supposed to be supportive of their husbands and this war. I am not. In the past they all fought for our freedom when it was being threatened, but this war is not threatening our freedom at all. We are there to fix a country and that's it. To me, this war should have ended long ago. Don't get me wrong God bless all the troops who gave their lives, but God forbid if my husband were to get killed over there I'd be pissed; and he knows that. He knows how I feel and I don't think he can blame me. I would feel like my husband died, not necessarily over nothing, but pretty close. I'm not trying to sound like an evil bitch but it's just time to get out of there and bring them ALL home. Someone somewhere needs to get their crap together and take control of this whole situation. My husband is getting ready to go to Afghanistan soon and I am terrified. I know I should think positive, but how can death not cross my mind when my husband is going to a war zone? I am not going to sit here and pretend that I am okay with all of this. I'm scared, angry, sad, nervous, and all of the above. He can reassure me all he wants but no one knows what can happen over there and I need to be prepared for it. I guess now that I know he's going and when, I need to stop bottling up everything and being scared of what people will tell me. Ugh I don't know, I just needed to rant!

1 comment: