Pages

Our time together

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2/11/11

Little Rant

This is a subject that I've been thinking of so much lately: How hard it is to make and keep friends in this lifestyle. I am usually a social person but as soon as I went to Monterey with the husband, I was so shy. I never wanted to leave the house. Meeting new people became scary for me.

But as time went on I met some wonderful people and of course the not so wonderful people. I maintained awesome relationships with some of them but others I dropped quick because of the drama they caused. I never realized it but it's like high school. You're dying to be a part of that popular group of wives, then there's that small group of wives who hate the popular group, then there's that group that just doesn't fit in anywhere and so on.

As for me, I have no idea where I belong and I don't think I care. I realize there's that group that will always be friends just because they can all go out and drink. I know I will never be in that group because I am far from being 21. I will never be a part of that group that can just do what they want when they want because they have no children. I'm not saying they're bad people, i'm just saying that will never be me.

I never realized how much older everyone would be. I assumed most of them joined right out of high school like my husband. But boy was I wrong. It's pretty crazy how much older everyone is. I sometimes feel so out of place because of how young I am especially to the higher ranking wives. They look at me like I don't belong here and I can't stand it. I'm hoping the fleet will be a whole different story because the few close friends I have made might not end up where we do.

I just hope that if we stay in forever or do one more enlistment, that I can find a solid group of friends that will always be there, never judge, and accept me for who I am.

2 comments:

  1. I accept you for who you are! ;-) I'm sorry we don't have kids! And I'm sorry I'm 21! One day you and I will go for drinks. And I don't mind doing stuff with you and Lias!! And We can always pon him off with your husband hahahaha. I LOVE YOU BEST FRIEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I may not know what it feels to be in that particular situation, I know how difficult it is to make and keep friends as a SAHM. In a new town. Sigh. I hear ya! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete